Faculty and Staff
Education: Masters in Management and Law
- Childcare education, Peralta College (CA, USA)
- Berkeley STARTALK teacher program (CA, USA)
- Master in Management, The University of York (UK)
- Master in Law, East China University of Political Science and Law (China)
- Bachelor in Economics, Shandong Economic University (China)
Bio: As the Principal of Yu Ying Learning Center, with...
...my expertise in childhood education and management, I am dedicated to establishing well-rounded high quality programs in a safe and happy environment. Learning a second language is shown to benefit children's cognitive development, academic achievement, and boost brain performance. I believe each child has their own unique intelligence, and embrace the opportunity to work with them. We will do our best to help each child reach their potential.
500 Park Street Campus Site Director and Head Teacher
Education: B.S. Psychology...
- Bachelor of Psychology, California State University of East bay, CA
- Childhood Development, San Francisco State University, CA
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Children Psychology
Experience: 2013 - present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States...
Over 6 years working experiences with kids k-5 in Chinese teaching. I used to work in Bilingual daily school and after school. ie. Yew Chung International School.
My teaching philosophy is that I believe every child is unique and needs a secure and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature emotionally, intellectually and socially. It is my goal as an educator to help students meet their fullest potential in these areas by providing an environment that is safe, supports taking risks and invites creativity and the sharing of ideas. I believe the child’s natural curiosity should guide him or her and that mutual respect should be established.
2121 Central Campus Site Director
- Master of Business Administrative, Lincoln University, CA
- Foreign language teaching, Bachelor of Art, Harbin University ,China
Expertise in subjects: Chinese Language, Singing and dancing
Experience: 2012 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center USA...
10 Years of experiences in teaching Children; 8 years Chinese teaching experiences.
Curriculum Director, 2017 Central Campus Site Director and Head Teacher
Education: Master's Degree in Education...
- Master’s Degree in Education, Northeast Normal University (Changchun, Jilin, China)
- BA in Mandarin Studies, Northeast Normal University (Changchun, Jilin, China)
Experience: 2016 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States....
- More than 20 years Chinese teaching experiences with kids k-8th grade
- 2008 to 2016 Curriculum designer and Mandarin Teacher (CA USA)
- Author of several papers and six instructional books
- Mandarin teacher and curriculum design director in China for almost 20 years.
I am eager to bring elementary school students into the twenty-first century using a unique combination of education experience and enthusiasm as a 26-year Mandarin educator with children from different ages and backgrounds.
Curriculum Design Coordinator and Head Teacher
Education: Managent, Tinjin...
- Management, Tinjin Xinhua University (China)
- Teaching Chinese as second language training, The Confucius Institute at San Francisco State University
- Chinese professional development workshop, Digital Huayu Learning center （Sunnyvale, USA）
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Abacus, Early Child Development
Experience: 2012 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center USA...
- Almost 20 years Chinese teaching experiences with kids k-8th grade in China
I enjoy spending time with children. Education is the career I am perusing for my whole life. I never stop learning while I am teaching. I feel young and energetic when I am together with my students. In our competitive society it is important for students to not only receive a solid formal education, but to work with someone who is aware of and supports their individual needs. As educators, we should build the foundation of learning into the world community to help children become caring and active members of society.
Mandarin Head Teacher
Education: Masters of Education and Science
- Master of Science, Education, the University of Edinburgh, UK
- Bachelor of Law, International Relations and Diplomacy, Beijing Foreign Studies University, China
- Bachelor of Art, English, Beijing Foreign Studies University, China
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Child Development, and Arts
Experience: 2019 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center USA...
- 2016 to 2018 — Curriculum Developer, Beijing, China
- 2014 to 2015 — Mandarin Teacher, Edinburgh, UK
I believe each child is born gifted. The purpose of education is to enlighten children’s minds with knowledge and bring out their best potential, which will help them to explore the world and live a fulfilling life.
Mandarin Head Teacher
Education: B.A. in Chinese Linguistic Literature
- Graduated from South China Normal University, China
- Major in Chinese Linguistic Literature
- Certificated by Ministry of Education of Guangdong, China as a primary youth mental health counselor
Experience: 2016 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center USA...
- Rich experiences in teaching Mandarin, Cantonese
- From 2016 till now, as an Chinese(mandarin) teacher in Yu-Ying Learning center
- Had been a Chinese teacher in Guangdong, China for more than 20 years(from 1989-2014)
I believe that every child was born with his/her own unique and lovely characteristics that we adults should discover these characteristics during our time together. I am very patient and I love kids a lot.
Mandarin Head Teacher, PE Teacher
- Master of art, Lincoln University, CA
- Foreign language teaching, Bachelor of Art, Harbin University, China
Expertise in subjects: Math, Reading
Experience: 2013 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center USA...
I used to be an English teacher at Joy English, China. I Love playing basketball with students at Yu Ying. I am very patient and easy going. I am helping student to reach their potential.
Art - Biology - Dancing Teacher
Education: B.A. Fine Arts Painting & ...
- Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts Painting & Drawing Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
- Alberta Canada Biology Major, University of Calgary
- Personal Enrichment, Evergreen Valley College, San Jose, CA
- Classical Ballet, Hawaiian Dance & Jazz training at Los Ayres Dance Studio San Leandro, CA
Bio: I have loved teaching all my life, starting from...
... helping my parents teach Kindergarteners then being a camp counselor for fifth graders in high school for the Web of Life Field School in Camp Campbell. I earned my BFA in Fine Art Painting & Drawing from the Academy of Art in 2006 and began teaching Academic realism to children and adults in 2007. I also loves dance and performed with Los Ayres studio in San Leandro learning classical ballet, jazz, and Hawaiian dance. When performed my first singing solo at age 5 and at 10, I was Oliver Twist in the musical Oliver! I love science and loves making art about science, and specializes in portraiture. I loves to teach art and help kids realize they can do things they never imagined!
S.T.E.M., Robotics, Scratch Coding, Creative Arts Teacher
Education: M.B.A. and M.B.M., B.S...
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Management Concentration in Accounting, New York Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science in International Business, Shanghai Normal University
- Certification of Data Analytics, UC Berkeley
- Psychology Summer Session, Yale University
- Early Child Education, Montessori Teacher Training Center
Bio: I always think every child has his/her own talent...
.... As a teacher, I love to observe children first in order to discover their own passion and interests. Then I would help them develop and strengthen their interests. I believe that passion is what makes children decide to study more. It’s important to build children confidence with positive support and motivation during classes. During classes, I enjoy to create activities that make learning fun. Because having fun while learning, it really helps children retain academic knowledge better because the process is enjoyable and memorable.
Ms. Marina Yang
Gymboree & Play, Music Teacher
- B.A. in English Teaching...
Ludong University, China
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, children art, children music, early childhood education
Experience: 2018-2020 Gymboree...
- 2018-2020 Gymboree play and music, teacher, Oakland
- 2017-2018 Chinese Instructor, Union city
- 2010-2017 Gymboree play and music,teacher and trainer, China
- 2009 Chinese reading and writing summer camp,teacher, China
Mandarin Head Teacher, Weekend Mandarin Art Teacher
Education:B.A in foreign language teaching
- Childhood Development, Merritt College, CA, US
- Children’s Art Curriculum Design School,China
- Child psychology Singapore Training School
- Bachelor degree of Foreign Language Teaching, Sun Yat-Sen University,China
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Dancing, Arts
Experience: 2015~present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States...
- Art and Mandarin Teacher, 2014~2015 Hayward Chinese School, United States
- Piano and Mandarin Teacher, 2007~2014 Eton House International School, China
Photography, Chess, Music Teacher
A.A. And A.S....
- A.A. Liberal Arts and Humanities, A.A. Liberal Math and Science, City College of San Francisco, 2013
- Portraiture, Studio Lighting, Ambient Lighting and Documentary Photography, Photoshop and Lightroom, City College of San Francisco
- Voice, Jazz Ensemble, Saxophone, Community Music Center
- Private Voice , Margaret Gordon Voice Coaching, 2013-Present
Bio: Even as a young student, Sharlene has enjoyed....
... helping her fellow classmates understand problems so they could work them out themself. She takes a nurturing approach to teaching, and encourages creative exploration.
Photography. Sharlene has been photographing since 2011 when she started the photography program at City College of San Francisco. She has been teaching private music and photography since that time. She is a photography business owner and professionally photographs weddings, events, and portraits. She has assisted dozens of photographers for food, commercial, event, architectural and editorial photographers (including with The Wall Street Journal).
Chess. Sharlene has been playing competitive chess and learning since elementary school. She has competed in tournaments, and continues to study chess strategies. Whenever there is a chance to play the board, she’s on it.
Music has been a huge part of Sharlene's upbringing. She grew up learning piano, clarinet, oboe, kazoo, saxophone and singing harmonies in choir. She’s continued her learning to explore guitar, songwriting, and improvisation and has taught private voice, piano saxophone as for the past 8 years. She currently studies opera, jazz, rock, and musical theater vocal styles and also sings, plays keyboards and helps compose music in a band called The Family Flaw. She has recorded music and performed in various venues like Hotel Utah, The Hemlock Tavern and Brick and Mortar in San Francisco.
Martial Arts Teacher
Education: Martial study of physical Aikido under the banner of the Peace Practices project.
- Rank of Shodan (1st Degree Black Belt) and Primary Instructor Certificate
Expertise in subjects: Martial Arts, Somatics, Facilitation, Performance, Improvisation, Mathematics, English, The Sciences (Hard and Soft)
Bio: I've been teaching and tutoring professionally since high school...
...but it is the work I've been privileged to be a part of on the Peace Practices project that has had the biggest impact in terms of transforming my methods of connecting with students and integrating every aspect of their experience into or learning process together. I've spent the past few years dialing in a socratic approach to establishing the foundational levels of communication required for deep teaching and learning.
Education: Bachelor or Management....
- Bachelor of Management, Business Administration; California State University, East Bay, Majors of Administration Management & Marketing Management & Information Technology Management
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Early Childhood Education, Contra Costa College
Expertise in subjects: Bilingual in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
Experience: 2018--- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States...
- 2017--- SAT Mathematics Tutor, CA
- 2013--2016--- Chinese teacher, CA
- 2009 to 2011--- Bilingual Language Tutor, Guangzhou, China
I have been working as a bilingual language instructor for over 6 years. I am a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker. In 2015, I got my bachelor degree in California with three majors. From my study and working, I realize that I enjoy spending time with children, and I also realize that bilingual learning is a good way to help children to expand their knowledge and broaden their horizons. I encourage students to be confident, optimistic, brave and responsible in my class. I wish students can enjoy the learning of different languages and cultures in my class.
Mandarin Head Teacher
Education: B.A. in Law
- Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA, Early Child Education Program (ECE)
- Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA, Business General Accounting Certificate
- Northwest University, Xi'an China, Bachelor degree in Science of Law
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin and Cantonese
Experience: Learning Center, Alameda CA, Mandarin teacher
2006 – 2019, Montessori School, Orinda, CA, Mandarin teacher
2003 – 2012, Walnut Creek, CA, English Sunday School teacher
I love to teach kids and have been teaching Mandarin in many different ways, especially for the following benefits:
· Being able to be creative with different teaching methods based upon subject and learning goals.
· Watching students develop not only to master knowledge but also social skills, critical thinking, and self-efficacy.
· Refining my communication skills during each teaching experience to continue growing as an educator.
· Working together with other teachers, staff, administration, and parents to provide a learning-centered environment tailored to the appropriate developmental stage.
Mandarin Head Teacher
Education: B.A., Chinese Linquistics....
- Bachelor of Arts, Chinese Linguistic & Literature, San Francisco State University, CA
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Jewelry making
Bio: Used to be preschool mandarin teacher and....
taught mandarin in SFSU Foreign Language Lab.
I enjoy working with children. I love to support children to learn more and explore different cultures and stimulate their imagination. Collaborating with children and seeing their progress is the best gift.
S.T.E.M., Science, Coding, Biology Teacher
Education: B.S. in Biology...
- B.S. Biology & Computer science
Bio: I used to work as a counselor at XueErSi...
...Educational Institute, Guangzhou, China to assist classroom management andprovide academic advices. My working experience in Laboratory Technician at FuNeng Gene company, Guangzhou, China helps me design and organize science activities for my students.
2013 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States.
STEM, 3D Printing, Coding, Robotics and Lego
- Bachelor in Computer science and Economics
- Bachelor in Economics and Computer Science, UC Davis
- Bachelor of Economics at Sun Yat-Sen University in China
Expertise in subjects: coding, Lego, science...
- Research Assistant at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab in U.S. Salesforce volunteer in U.S.
- Google winter intern Focus on quantitative analysis, AI, Machine Learning and robot.
- Fluent in Stata, Matlab, Python, Java, Tableau, prolog ect. programming tools
Circuits and Electricity, Construction/Shop Teacher
• B.A in Business management
Finance and Economics, Nanjing, China Aug 2010. Bachelor of Business Management (Major in Accounting)
-Top 10% performer awarded freshman scholarship
-Won 1st place in 2010 Annual Sports Competition
• London School of Business and Finance, London, UK May 2011. International Exchange
-Co-founded Rose Food & Wine, in charge of market research, customer discovery and operation
About: Technical Sk...
• Technical Skills: Investment Management, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, G-Suite, Certified Electrician
• Social Services: Volunteer in Nyingma Institute and Haas Partner Club
• Hobbies: Ping Pong, cycling, hiking, cooking
• Personality: dog person; keen to learn; positive always; open-minded; love to make friends with diversified background