Faculty and Staff
Ms. Faye -- Principal
- Childcare education, Peralta College (CA, USA)
- Berkeley STARTALK teacher program (CA, USA)
- Master in Management, The University of York (UK)
- Master in Law, East China University of Political Science and Law (China)
- Bachelor in Economics, Shandong Economic University (China)
As the Principal of Yu Ying Learning Center, with my expertise in childhood education and management, I am dedicated to establishing well-rounded high quality programs with a safe and happy environment. Learning a second language is shown to benefit children's cognitive development, academic achievement, and boost brain performance. I believe each child has their own unique intelligence, and embrace the opportunity to work with them. We will do our best to help each child reach their potential.
Ms. Sunny -- Park Location Site director and Head teacher
- Bachelor of Psychology, California State University of East bay
- Childhood Development, San Francisco State University
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Children Psychology
2013 - present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States
Over 6 years working experiences with kids k-5 in Chinese teaching. I used to work in Bilingual daily school and after school. ie. Yew Chung International School.
My teaching philosophy is that I believe every child is unique and needs a secure and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature emotionally, intellectually and socially. It is my goal as an educator to help students meet their fullest potential in these areas by providing an environment that is safe, supports taking risks and invites creativity and the sharing of ideas. I believe the child’s natural curiosity should guide him or her and that mutual respect should be established.
Ms. Renee -- Central Location Site director and Head teacher
- Master of Business Administrative, Lincoln University, CA
- Foreign language teaching, Bachelor of Art, Harbin University ,China
Expertise in subjects: Chinese Language, Singing and dancing
2012 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States. 5 Years of experiences in teaching Children; 3 years Chinese teaching experiences.
Ms. Grace -- Curriculum design coordinator and Head Teacher
- Master’s Degree in Education, Northeast Normal University (Changchun, Jilin, China)
- BA in Mandarin Studies, Northeast Normal University (Changchun, Jilin, China)
2016 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States. More than 20 years Chinese teaching experiences with kids k-8th grade
- Mandarin Teacher, Anqi School, Mar. 2010 to July 2016 (Newark, CA)
- Mandarin Teacher, Happy Learning Center, Jul.2009 to Feb. 2010 (Union City, CA)
- Mandarin Teacher, Creative Kids, Aug. 2008 to Jul. 2009 (Fremont, CA)
- Mandarin Teacher, Infinity Chinese School, Aug. 2009 to Jul. 2011 (Fremont, CA)
- Mandarin Teacher, United Youth Enrichment, Aug. 2008 to Jun. 2009 (San Leandro/Alameda, CA)
- Author of several papers and six instructional books
I am eager to bring elementary school students into the twenty-first century using a unique combination of education experience and enthusiasm as a 26-year Mandarin educator with children from different ages and backgrounds.
Ms. Maura -- STAR Program Coordinator
- B.F.A. Painting, Graduated with Honors, Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA)
- Studied Studio Arts, Indiana University Southeast (New Albany, IN)
2015 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States
- Art Instructor since 2011, Kindergarten-Undergraduate
- 8+ years teaching in after-school programs
- Taught Educational Programs at Children's Fairyland, 2016-2017
- Marvegos Fine Art School, 2013-2016
- Educational Specialist, AmeriCorp, 2008-2009
- Skilled in a wide variety of mediums; drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, and more
Art is my passion in life and teaching is my vocation. I love teaching art, because it is a great vehicle to explore not only how to make beautiful pictures but also how to have independence, observation, self expression, and problem solving skills. The young artist at Yu Ying inspire me as much as I can inspire them. Pablo Picasso once said "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once (s)he grows up. ”
Ms. Liu -- Curriculum design coordinator and Head teacher
- Management, Tinjin Xinhua University (China)
- Teaching Chinese as second language training, The Confucius Institute at San Francisco State University
- Chinese professional development workshop, Digital Huayu Learning center （Sunnyvale, USA）
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Abacus, Early Child Development
2012 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States. Almost 20 years Chinese teaching experiences with kids k-8th grade
I enjoy spending time with children. Education is the career I am perusing for my whole life. I never stop learning while I am teaching. I feel young and energetic when I am together with my students. In our competitive society it is important for students to not only receive a solid formal education, but to work with someone who is aware of and supports their individual needs. As educators, we should build the foundation of learning into the world community to help children become caring and active members of society.
Ms. Anna J -- Music teacher
- G.P.D.,Opera Performance, Longy School of Music
- Master's degree in Music, Music Theater, Oklahoma City University
- BA in Music, Vocal Performance, University of Oregon
Expertise in subjects: Teather, Piano, voice and Dancing class
Experience: Anna L Joham has been singing, dancing, and performing on stage for over 30 years. She has studied classical piano for 15+ years, voice for 20 years and dance for 10+ years. She has received her BA in vocal performance from University of Oregon, her MM in musical theater from Oklahoma City University and her GPD in Opera from Longy School of Music in Boston. Her performance experiences range from Musical Theater, Opera, Cabaret, Solo Recitals, and Jazz. She has won numerous awards for her singing and has performed across the country and internationally. Currently she performs extensively across the bay area primarily as a musical theatre performer. Anna is a Vocal coach and voice teacher since 2005.
Mr. Benson -- Mandarin head teacher, PE teacher
- Business Administrative, Lincoln University, CA
- Foreign language teaching, Bachelor of Art, Harbin University ,China
Expertise in subjects: Math, Reading
2013 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States
I used to be an English teacher at Joy English, China. I Love playing basketball with students at Yu Ying. I am very patient and easy going. I am helping student to reach their potential.
Mr. Johnny -- Science teacher, Assistant Mandarin Teacher
- Computer Science Laney college (CA USA)
- B.S. Degree in Biology, South China Normal University (Guangzhou, China)
Expertise in subjects: Science, Math, Lego, Mandarin
2013 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States.
I used to work as a counselor at XueErSi Educational Institute, Guangzhou, China to assist classroom management andprovide academic advices. My working experience in Laboratory Technician at FuNeng Gene company, Guangzhou, China helps me design and organize science activities for my students.
Ms. Yuan -- Mandarin Teacher
- Childhood Development, Merritt College, United States
- Children’s Art Curriculum Design School,China
- Child psychology Singapore Training School
- Bachelor degree of Foreign Language Teaching, Sun Yat-sen University,China
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Dancing, Arts
2015~present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States. 10 years working experience with kids
- Art and Mandarin Teacher, 2014~2015 Hayward Chinese School, United States
- Piano and Mandarin Teacher, 2007~2014 Eton House International School,China
As for children, role models are better needed than critics, while as for teachers, the most important thing is to give students our genuine and unconditional love.
Teaching is interactive, teachers and children are learning from each other and growing up.
Ms Wen -- Mandarin Teacher
- Bachelor of Management, Business Administration; California State University, East Bay, Majors of Administration Management & Marketing Management & Information Technology Management
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Early Childhood Education, Contra Costa College
Expertise in subjects: Bilingual in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- 2018--- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States.
- 2017--- SAT Mathematics Tutor, Oakland, CA
- 2016--- Chinese Instructor, Fremont, CA
- 2015--- Mandarin Assistant Teacher, Castro Valley, CA
- 2013 to 2015--- (Volunteer) Tutor, Personal tutor for teaching Chinese, Oakland and Richmond, CA
- 2009 to 2011--- Bilingual Language Tutor, Guangzhou, China
I have been working as a bilingual language instructor for over 6 years. I am a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker. In 2015, I got my bachelor degree in California with three majors. From my study and working, I realize that I enjoy spending time with children, and I also realize that bilingual learning is a good way to help children to expand their knowledge and broaden their horizons. I encourage students to be confident, optimistic, brave and responsible in my class. I wish students can enjoy the learning of different languages and cultures in my class.