Faculty and Staff
Ms. Faye -- Principal
- Childcare education, Peralta College (CA, USA)
- Berkeley STARTALK teacher program (CA, USA)
- Master in Management, The University of York (UK)
- Master in Law, East China University of Political Science and Law (China)
- Bachelor in Economics, Shandong Economic University (China)
As the Principal of Yu Ying Learning Center, with my expertise in childhood education and management, I am dedicated to establishing well-rounded high quality programs in a safe and happy environment. Learning a second language is shown to benefit children's cognitive development, academic achievement, and boost brain performance. I believe each child has their own unique intelligence, and embrace the opportunity to work with them. We will do our best to help each child reach their potential.
Ms. Sunny -- Park Location Site director and Head teacher
- Bachelor of Psychology, California State University of East bay, CA
- Childhood Development, San Francisco State University, CA
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Children Psychology
2013 - present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States
Over 6 years working experiences with kids k-5 in Chinese teaching. I used to work in Bilingual daily school and after school. ie. Yew Chung International School.
My teaching philosophy is that I believe every child is unique and needs a secure and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature emotionally, intellectually and socially. It is my goal as an educator to help students meet their fullest potential in these areas by providing an environment that is safe, supports taking risks and invites creativity and the sharing of ideas. I believe the child’s natural curiosity should guide him or her and that mutual respect should be established.
Ms. Renee -- Central Location Site director and Head teacher
- Master of Business Administrative, Lincoln University, CA
- Foreign language teaching, Bachelor of Art, Harbin University ,China
Expertise in subjects: Chinese Language, Singing and dancing
2012 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States. 5 Years of experiences in teaching Children; 3 years Chinese teaching experiences.
Ms. Grace -- Curriculum design coordinator and Head Teacher
- Master’s Degree in Education, Northeast Normal University (Changchun, Jilin, China)
- BA in Mandarin Studies, Northeast Normal University (Changchun, Jilin, China)
- 2016 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States. More than 20 years Chinese teaching experiences with kids k-8th grade
- 2008 to 2016 Curriculum designer and Mandarin Teacher (CA USA)
- Author of several papers and six instructional books
- Mandarin teacher and curriculum design director in China for almost 20 years.
I am eager to bring elementary school students into the twenty-first century using a unique combination of education experience and enthusiasm as a 26-year Mandarin educator with children from different ages and backgrounds.
Ms. Liu -- Curriculum design coordinator and Head teacher
- Management, Tinjin Xinhua University (China)
- Teaching Chinese as second language training, The Confucius Institute at San Francisco State University
- Chinese professional development workshop, Digital Huayu Learning center （Sunnyvale, USA）
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Abacus, Early Child Development
2012 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States.
Almost 20 years Chinese teaching experiences with kids k-8th grade in China
I enjoy spending time with children. Education is the career I am perusing for my whole life. I never stop learning while I am teaching. I feel young and energetic when I am together with my students. In our competitive society it is important for students to not only receive a solid formal education, but to work with someone who is aware of and supports their individual needs. As educators, we should build the foundation of learning into the world community to help children become caring and active members of society.
Ms. Wei -- Mandarin head teacher
- Master of Science, Education, the University of Edinburgh, UK
- Bachelor of Law, International Relations and Diplomacy, Beijing Foreign Studies University, China
- Bachelor of Art, English, Beijing Foreign Studies University, China
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Child Development, and Arts
2019 to present — Mandarin Teacher, Yu Ying Learning Center, US
2016 to 2018 — Curriculum Developer, Beijing, China
2014 to 2015 — Mandarin Teacher, Edinburgh, UK
I believe each child is born gifted. The purpose of education is to enlighten children’s minds with knowledge and bring out their best potential, which will help them to explore the world and live a fulfilling life.
Ms.Wu ---- Mandarin Teacher
- Graduated from South China Normal University, China
- Major in Chinese Linguistic Literature
- Certificated by Ministry of Education of Guangdong, China as a primary youth mental health counselor
- Rich experiences in teaching Mandarin, Cantonese
- From 2016 till now, as an Chinese(mandarin) teacher in Yu-Ying Learning center
- Had been a Chinese teacher in Guangdong, China for more than 20 years(from 1989-2014)
I believe that every child was born with his/her own unique and lovely characteristics that we adults should discover these characteristics during our time together. I am very patient and I love kids a lot.
Mr. Benson -- Mandarin head teacher, PE teacher
- Master of art, Lincoln University, CA
- Foreign language teaching, Bachelor of Art, Harbin University ,China
Expertise in subjects: Math, Reading
2013 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States
I used to be an English teacher at Joy English, China. I Love playing basketball with students at Yu Ying. I am very patient and easy going. I am helping student to reach their potential.
Ms. Emily -- Art/Biology/Dancing teacher
- Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts Painting & Drawing Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
- Alberta Canada Biology Major, University of Calgary
- Personal Enrichment, Evergreen Valley College, San Jose, CA
- Classical Ballet, Hawaiian Dance & Jazz training at Los Ayres Dance Studio San Leandro, CA
Expertise in subjects: Arts, Biology, Dancing
I have loved teaching all my life, starting from helping my parents teach Kindergarteners then being a camp counselor for fifth graders in high school for the Web of Life Field School in Camp Campbell. I earned my BFA in Fine Art Painting & Drawing from the Academy of Art in 2006 and began teaching Academic realism to children and adults in 2007. I also loves dance and performed with Los Ayres studio in San Leandro learning classical ballet, jazz, and Hawaiian dance. When performed my first singing solo at age 5 and at 10, I was Oliver Twist in the musical Oliver! I love science and loves making art about science, and specializes in portraiture. I loves to teach art and help kids realize they can do things they never imagined!
Ms. Amy -- Art/Theater teacher
- Bachelor of Art, A Studio Art Mills College
Expertise in subjects: Arts, Shakespeare
- Single Subject Art/Art History Secondary Education, East Bay Arts High School;
- Teacher Grades 9-12, San Lorenzo Unified School District
Ms. Yuan -- Mandarin Head Teacher, weekend mandarin art teacher
- Childhood Development, Merritt College, CA, US
- Children’s Art Curriculum Design School,China
- Child psychology Singapore Training School
- Bachelor degree of Foreign Language Teaching, Sun Yat-Sen University,China
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Dancing, Arts
- 2015~present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States
- Art and Mandarin Teacher, 2014~2015 Hayward Chinese School, United States
- Piano and Mandarin Teacher, 2007~2014 Eton House International School, China
Ms. Wen -- Mandarin Teacher
- Bachelor of Management, Business Administration; California State University, East Bay, Majors of Administration Management & Marketing Management & Information Technology Management
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Early Childhood Education, Contra Costa College
Expertise in subjects: Bilingual in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- 2018--- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States.
- 2017--- SAT Mathematics Tutor, CA
- 2013--2016--- Chinese teacher, CA
- 2009 to 2011--- Bilingual Language Tutor, Guangzhou, China
I have been working as a bilingual language instructor for over 6 years. I am a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker. In 2015, I got my bachelor degree in California with three majors. From my study and working, I realize that I enjoy spending time with children, and I also realize that bilingual learning is a good way to help children to expand their knowledge and broaden their horizons. I encourage students to be confident, optimistic, brave and responsible in my class. I wish students can enjoy the learning of different languages and cultures in my class.
- Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA, Early Child Education Program (ECE)
- Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA, Business General Accounting Certificate
- Northwest University, Xi'an China, Bachelor degree in Science of Law
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin and Cantonese
2019 – Present, Yu Ying Learning Center, Alameda CA, Mandarin teacher
2006 – 2019, Montessori School, Orinda, CA, Mandarin teacher
2003 – 2012, Walnut Creek, CA, English Sunday School teacher
I love to teach kids and have been teaching Mandarin in many different ways, especially for the following benefits:
· Being able to be creative with different teaching methods based upon subject and learning goals.
· Watching students develop not only to master knowledge but also social skills, critical thinking, and self-efficacy.
· Refining my communication skills during each teaching experience to continue growing as an educator.
· Working together with other teachers, staff, administration, and parents to provide a learning-centered environment tailored to the appropriate developmental stage.
- Bachelor of Arts, Chinese Linguistic & Literature San Francisco State University, CA
Expertise in subjects: Mandarin, Jewelry making
Experience: Used to be preschool mandarin teacher and taught mandarin in SFSU Foreign Language Lab
I enjoy working with children. I love to support children to learn more and explore different cultures and stimulate their imagination. Collaborating with children and seeing their progress is the best gift.
Mr. Johnny -- Science teacher, Assistant Mandarin Teacher
- Computer Science Laney college (CA USA)
- B.S. Degree in Biology, South China Normal University (Guangzhou, China)
Expertise in subjects: Science, Math, Lego, Mandarin
2013 -- present Yu Ying Learning Center, United States.
I used to work as a counselor at XueErSi Educational Institute, Guangzhou, China to assist classroom management andprovide academic advices. My working experience in Laboratory Technician at FuNeng Gene company, Guangzhou, China helps me design and organize science activities for my students.
Ms. Jiaru --- Coding teacher, Lego teacher
- Bachelor of Economics at Sun Yat-Sen University in China
- Visiting student at UC Berkeley in U.S.
- Upcoming UC Davis Econometrics and Quantitative Economics student
Expertise in subjects: coding, Lego, science
- Research Assistant at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab in U.S. Salesforce volunteer in U.S.
- Google winter intern Focus on quantitative analysis, AI, Machine Learning and robot.
- Fluent in Stata, Matlab, Python, Java, Tableau, prolog ect. programming tools
- College of San Mateo, Graphic Design.
Expertise in subjects: Arts
I’ve been creating art since my grandfather had my drawings printed on the local newspaper as a child growing up in Baguio, Philippines. I have an art studio in the mission district in San Francisco where I create, sell art, and collaborate with other artists. I work mostly in Theatre (American Conservatory Theatre and the Curran Theatre) in San Francisco.